Tuesday, May 21, 2013

7 months!

Brynn is days away from hitting the 7th month mark of life.  I remember the days when I couldn't even imagine her being this old.  I would look at 9 month clothing and just think how big they were, surely she would never get big enough to wear them (obviously i knew that she would...you get what Im saying).  But it happened, and all of the sudden she went from infant baby to looking-like-a-little-girl baby.  I can see personality blooming and have glimpses into what her laugh will sound like, what she might look like in a few years.  It is so much fun.  I love cuddling a little baby but gosh, it is so fun to play too.  She is laughing, smiling (ALL the time), grabbing every single thing she can get her hands on, moving, "talking to her toys", and eating baby food!

The one thing people seem to tell us over and over is how happy she is.  This girl is smiling 90% of the time, I can't get over it.  Talk about melting a heart when all you have to do is look at her and a giant smile appears.  She seems to love everyone she meet and so far (fingers crossed) we aren't going through the phase of only wanting mom or dad.

She is quite the vulture though, I don't ever give her the credit she deserves for her fast moves.  Just when you think it is out of reach, oh no...she has it.  I really wasn't expecting to have a baby have quicker reflexes than me, but she is proving that theory wrong.  Sitting at restaurants have become a challenge, a goodbye to days of sleeping baby in the carseat.  With her engagement in our food, we knew it was time for baby food.  She has tried: bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, and peas.  She is a fantastic eater!  I wasn't sure what to expect, but we had the video camera ready for it.  Unfortunately her low key personality created for an anti-climatic event.  She was not phased at all by her first taste of something other than breast milk.  And hasn't since.  Nonetheless, I am so grateful how easy it has been thus far.

No crawling yet.  She is SO close, gets on all 4s and rocks that lil bod of hers.  It is adorable and exciting, but I know life will change when that first move is made, so we will be patient.  Until then, she has found her own ways of moving.  If she has her heart set on something, she finds a way.  It is amazing really.  Scooting, rolling, backwards crawl, etc. it's all happening.

With 90 degree weather around here this week, we might be making our way to a pool.  I attempted with her the other day but even though the weather is hottttt, the pool is not :/  I think she will be a water baby....or rather, really hope!  Next week we are headed to the lake and I couldn't be more excited for a little vacation!  Even though I have prepared myself that I will not be able to read 3+ books this year.  Times are a changing...

And some pictures....













No comments:

Post a Comment